Proton Therapy Certificate
John Patrick University of Health and Applied Sciences offers an online Proton Therapy certificate within the School of Physics and Radiological Sciences. The Proton Therapy certificate curriculum includes a clinical practice component consisting of 240 hours. Click here to request program information.
The Proton Therapy Certificate is a distance education program with a clinical internship component consisting of 240 hours. The Proton Therapy certificate prepares students to practice competently and effectively as radiation therapy professionals in diverse healthcare environments. The academic and clinical foundation in the curriculum develops graduates with professional flexibility and adaptability to assume prominent roles and responsibilities after graduation in both career and scholarly pursuits. Click here to apply.
Duration: 2 semesters
|PR400||Orientation to Proton Therapy||1 Credit|
|PR406||Therapeutic Procedures in Proton Therapy||3 Credits|
|PR414||Physical Properties of Protons||3 Credits|
|PR408||Machine Safety and QA||3 Credits|
|PR412||Oncology and Pathology||3 Credits|
|PR421||Clinical Practice||5 Credits|
Plan of Study
|Orientation to Proton Therapy||1 Credit|
|Oncology and Pathology||3 Credits|
|Physical Properties of Protons||3 Credits|
|Machine Safety and QA||3 Credits|
|Therapeutic Procedures in Proton Therapy||3 Credits|
|Clinical Practice||5 Credits|
Program Application Requirements
- 3 letters of reference
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended
- Personal statement letter
- Copies of TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable
- Application, $35.00 application fee (non-refundable) click here to apply
Program Admission Requirements
- Must possess one of the following
- Holds a credential from The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Radiation Therapy
- If applicant’s first language, or language of instruction, is not English, English proficiency examination scores are required as follows.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum scores are 550 (pBT) or 213 (cBT) or 79 (iBT).
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum score required is 6.5.
- The PTE Academic minimum score required is 53.
- Interview with JPU representative