Nutrition Oncology Graduate Certificate
This is a distance education program that focuses on the scientific study of carcinogens; the onset of malignancy in cells, tissues, blood, and organs; the genetics of cancer; the anatomy and physiology of cancer cells; and the study of cancer behaviors and treatments. Includes instruction in gene expression; oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes; viral genes and cancer proliferation; regulation of signal transduction; cancer proteins; hormonal and growth factors in cancer cells; tumor promotion, progression, and metastasis; carcinogen receptors and metabolism; carcinogen ecology; immunological targeting; and studies of genetic, chemical, radiologic and other treatment therapies.
Duration: 2 semesters
Tuition: $515 per credit
|ONC501||Integrative Medical Oncology I||2 Credits|
|ONC502||Integrative Medical Oncology II||2 Credits|
|GASTP502||Principles of Neurophysiology||3 Credits|
|NUT503||Diet, Genes, & Nutrition||3 Credits|
|NUT507||Nutrition Oncology||3 Credits|
|NUT512||Nutrition for Mental Health||3 Credits|
|NUT500||Integrative & Functional Nutrition I||3 Credits|
|NUT590||Medical and Professional Ethics||1 Credit|
Plan of Study
|Integrative Medical Oncology I||2 Credits|
|Nutrition for Mental Health||3 Credits|
|Integrative & Functional Nutrition I||3 Credits|
|Medical and Professional Ethics||1 Credit|
|Nutrition Oncology||3 Credits|
|Integrative Medical Oncology II||2 Credits|
|Diet, Genes, & Nutrition||3 Credits|
|Principles of Neurophysiology||3 Credits|
Program Application Requirements
- 3 letters of reference
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Official transcripts from all higher education institutions
- Personal statement letter
- Copies of TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable
- $35.00 application fee (non-refundable)
Program Admission Requirements
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate degree from a regional, national or international equivalency accredited agency recognized by the United States Department of Education in a related field.
- A GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) for the last degree earned.
- If applicant’s first language, or language of instruction, is not English, English proficiency examination scores are required. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum scores are 550 (pBT) or 213 (cBT) or 79 (iBT). The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum score required is 6.5. The PTE Academic minimum score required is 53.
- Active/Current Medical and/or License/Certification recommended.
- Interview with JPU representative
- Personal statement
- Three Letters of Reference