Student Services

Career and Job Placement Services

Both on line and personnel placement services are available to all graduates of John Patrick University of Health and Applied Sciences.  These services include resume review services and job placement boards.   John Patrick University of Health and Applied Sciences does not guarantee employment after graduation.

Student Resource Services (SRS)

All students also have access to the SRS website (www.wellconnectbysrs.com) for information, tools, and support to address barriers to their success. Comprehensive student services are based on an individualized service plan and include:

  • Unlimited 24‐7 telephone counseling response to any covered students in crisis, assessment and students needing additional support or identifying new needs/requests;
  • Telephone counseling/life coaching (1‐5 telephone counseling hours) from a licensed mental health professional;
  • Individualized resource searches for all covered students, focused on issues that impede student success, including special adjustment needs by specific populations such as returning veterans;
  • Telephone consultations for all covered students with an attorney or financial expert;
  • Follow‐up and outreach with the student until all issues are resolved sufficiently that the student can be successful in personal and school goals;
  • Staff/faculty formal referral of students with intensive needs;
  • Faculty consultation on any student concerns that would impede that student from being successful.

Sex Offender Registry 
The Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act (CSCPA), section 1601 of Public Law 106-386, is a federal law that provides for the tracking of convicted sex offenders enrolled at or employed by institutions of higher education. The act’s intent is to extend the protection of the sex offender registries and Megan’s Law to college campuses. It also amends the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act to require institutions of higher education to issue a statement advising the campus community where to obtain law enforcement agency information provided by a state concerning registered sex offenders. 

Indiana Sex and Violent Offender Registry:  www.state.in.us/serv/cji_sor
Megan’s Law:  www.klaaskids.org/st-ind.thm
National Sex Offender Public Website:  www.nsopr.gov/ 
Indiana Sex and Violent Offender Registry:  www.icrimewatch.net/indiana.php

Annual Security Report and Reporting of Criminal Offenses
The Annual Security Report is located on JPU’s course management system.

Grievance Policy and Procedures

First Step-Anyone with a grievance or complaint may request an individual conference with the instructor or staff member to discuss the matter.

Second Step-If a satisfactory resolution to the problem is not reached, the aggrieved party should seek guidance from the Director.

Third Step-If the grievance is not resolved within 5 days of the incident, the aggrieved party must present to the Director, in writing, all facts of the grievance.

Within 48 hours, upon receipt of the written information, the Director will schedule a Grievance Committee hearing.  The time of the meeting will be communicated in writing to all parties.  The committee will consist of the Vice President of Academic Affairs, Academic Dean and two staff or faculty members not involved with the incident in question.

All Persons or their representatives involved with the incident must be present via teleconference at the time of the hearing.  All parties involved will be given the opportunity to discuss the grievance.  The Grievance Committee will excuse all parties involved in the grievance and immediately review and conclude the case.  The decision of the committee will be communicated to those involved in the incident within 48 hours.  The committee decision will be final.

After completing JPU’s grievance process, all students, including distance education students residing in other states, may contact the Indiana Commission for Higher Education concerning complaints.

Indiana Commission for Higher Education Complaint Process

Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges Complaint Process

Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) Complaint Process

Reporting a Violation to JPU

JPU encourages any individual who has experienced prohibited conduct or witnessed an occurrence of prohibited conduct to promptly report the incident to the Director of Administrative Services at info@jpu.edu or by calling 574-232-2000. 

Individuals who wish to report an incident anonymously are encouraged to use the following hotline or website hosted by a third party hotline provider, EthicsPoint:

Hotline:  855-673-1151

Website: www.jpu.ethicspoint.com

The information you provide will be sent to JPU through EthicsPoint on a completely confidential and anonymous basis if you should choose.  

EthicsPoint is NOT a 911 or Emergency Service.  Do not use this site to report events presenting an immediate threat to life or property.  Reports submitted through this service may not receive an immediate response.  If you require emergency assistance, please call 911 or contact your local authorities.

Individuals may contact SBPD (South Bend Police Department) whenever they witness criminal activity or feel threatened by potential criminal activity, including sexual offenses while on or near campus. Observations ranging from crimes in progress to suspicious behavior can and should be reported to SBPD. You may either contact SBPD at 911 for emergencies or at 574-235-9201.

In case of an emergency you may dial 911 from any phone on campus. Simply select a line and dial 9-1-1. There is no need to dial 9 first.

In case of a non-emergency you may dial 574-235-9201 to reach the desk sergeant where your call will be directed appropriately. JPU strongly encourages reporting of serious and continuing occurrences of crimes or threats to the South Bend Police Department.

JPU strongly encourages any student or employee who is a victim or witness of a violent crime to report the crime to law enforcement as soon as possible.

After authorities have been contacted and there is not eminent danger, please contact Director of Administrative Services at 574-232-2000 or info@jpu.edu.

JPU does not tolerate retaliation against a person who reports prohibited conduct, assists or encourages someone to report a violation, or participates in any manner in an investigation of prohibited conduct.  Retaliation may include, but is not limited to threats, intimidation, and/or adverse actions related to employment or education.