Integrative and Functional Medicine FAQ

What programs in Integrative and Functional Medicine do you offer?

JPU offers the following graduate programs via distance education:

Do you require the GMAT, GRE or Miller Analogies Test?


Do I need to have a strong science background to take the courses?

We recommend each student have completed their general science courses (Anatomy, Physiology, Chemistry, etc.) in their undergrad degree.  This will give you the foundation to understand the advanced teaching principals of nutrition science.

How many credits are in each program?

Each certificate program awards 20 graduate credits. The Master of Science degree is 36 credits.

How many courses are in each program?

What credential will I earn after the program is completed?

JPU will award a Graduate Certificate and notate the specific program completed on the transcript.

Can I take the program online?

Yes, all of the graduate programs are 100% distance learning format.

Is there a residency required?

No residency is required.  All learning is completed 100% online.

How long is the program?

Graduate Certificate Programs
Full Time Completion =  8 months to 1 year
Part Time Completion = 1 year to 2 years (maximum allowance)

Graduate Degree Program
Full Time Completion = 16 months to 2 Years
Part Time Completion = 20 months to 3 Years (maximum allowance)

What is the learning style of the program?

Each program is research-based. All courses within each program include research-based assignments and discussions.

How often will I collaborate with my instructor and classmates?

Weekly interaction is required with both the instructor and classmates as part of the program.

Who are these programs designed for?

These programs are designed for industry-credentialed health professionals (ex. Registered Dietitians, Certified Nutrition Specialist, Medical Doctors (Allopathic/Osteopathic), Chiropractor’s, Naturopaths, Licensed Mental Health Professionals, Certified Dietary Managers, Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Teachers/Educators, etc.) who are looking to expand their knowledge and skills within the growing field of Integrative Health and Nutrition to incorporate into their practice.

Can I become board certified in nutrition from completing these programs?

JPU is currently in the review-submission process to a few nutrition boards and will update the students, website and university literature accordingly as programs are approved for board certification and/or board-eligible to test.

Can I become a Registered Dietitian from this program?

No, this program does not fulfill the requirements to become a Registered Dietitian.

Can I become a member of any nutrition societies from these programs?

Yes.  You can apply for membership into the American Society of Nutrition

Is your program accredited?

JPU’s programs are institutionally accredited by ACCSC (Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges) which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.  JPU is authorized by the Indiana Board for Proprietary Education.

Who will teach the program?

The degree programs are taught by seasoned faculty including Naturopathic Physicians, Registered Dietitians, Certified Chefs, Certified Dietary Managers/Certified Nutrition Specialists, Licensed Therapists and Doctors of Chiropractic & Acupuncture.

What certifications/licenses do your Nutrition faculty hold?

Our faculty hold board memberships and certifications/state-licenses from the following associations:

What are the program application requirements?

All Nutritional Health graduate certificate programs have the following application requirements:

What are the program admission requirements?

Select the Program for Additional Details: