Nutritional Counseling Graduate Certificate
John Patrick University’s School of Integrative and Functional Medicine offers a Nutritional Counseling Graduate Certificate. Our nutritional counseling certificate is a distance education program that prepares individuals to assume roles as health/wellness professionals in private business and industry, community organizations, and health care settings. Includes instruction in personal health, community health and welfare, nutrition, epidemiology, disease prevention, fitness and exercise, and health behaviors. For more information on the JPU School of Integrative and Functional Medicine, click here.
Duration: 2 semesters
Tuition: $515 per credit
|NUT510||Nutritional Psychology||3 Credits|
|NUT512||Nutrition for Mental Health||3 Credits|
|NUT513||Food & Emotions||3 Credits|
|NUT514||Eating Disorders||3 Credits|
|GASTP502||Principles of Neurophysiology||3 Credits|
|GASTP505||Food & The Senses||3 Credits|
|HP519||Public Law & Policy||1 Credit|
|NUT590||Medical and Professional Ethics||1 Credit|
Plan of Study
|Nutritional Psychology||3 Credits|
|Food & Emotions||3 Credits|
|Nutrition for Mental Health||3 Credits|
|Medical and Professional Ethics||1 Credit|
|Principles of Neurophysiology||3 Credits|
|Eating Disorders||3 Credits|
|Food & The Senses||3 Credits|
|Public Law & Policy||1 Credit|
Program Application Requirements
- 3 letters of reference
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Official transcripts from all higher education institutions
- Personal statement letter
- Copies of TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable
- $35.00 application fee (non-refundable)
Program Admission Requirements
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate degree from a regional, national or international equivalency accredited agency recognized by the United States Department of Education in a related field.
- A GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) for the last degree earned.
- If applicant’s first language, or language of instruction, is not English, English proficiency examination scores are required. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum scores are 550 (pBT) or 213 (cBT) or 79 (iBT). The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum score required is 6.5. The PTE Academic minimum score required is 53.
- Active/Current Medical and/or License/Certification recommended.
- Interview with JPU representative
- Personal statement
- Three Letters of Reference