BS Medical Dosimetry Program
- Associates degree in a science related field
- 24 Core credits will be accepted for transfer
- 36 General Education credits will be accepted for transfer. There must be at least one general education course from each of the categories below:
- Social Sciences
- A GPA of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) for the last degree earned. A 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) is preferred.
- If applicant’s first language, or language of instruction, is not English, English proficiency examination scores are required. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum scores are 650 (paper-based) or 963 (computer-based) or 115 (internet-based) or 633 (ITP). The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum score required is 6.5. The PTE Academic minimum score is 53.
- Interview with JPU representative
- Personal statement
- Letters of References
- For students without college math courses such as geometry, trigonometry, or algebra, the student must either pass the MATH190 Placement Test or complete the MATH190 course.
MATH190 Placement Test Information
The test must be scheduled through JPU’s online proctoring service provider, Examity. Email firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to when you would like to take the test. JPU will initiate an email to you from Examity so you can set-up your Examity user profile to schedule and complete the test. Submit the test by scanning and uploading it to Examity during your test session, scanning and emailing the test to email@example.com, or faxing the test to JPU at 574-232-2200.
The student has 2 hours to complete the test. The student may utilize any resources they like and a calculator. The student must show all of their work. Answers without work will be considered incomplete. The test is in PDF format.
The test includes four sections. Sections and points possible per section are outlined below. In order to pass the placement test, the student must earn a minimum of 75% on each section as well as 80% for an overall test score.
- Geometry and Trigonometry: Questions 1-4 (30 points possible)
- Linear and Quadratic Functions: Questions 5-8 (30 points possible)
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions: Questions 9-10 (30 points possible)
- Scientific Notation and the Metric System: Question 11 (10 points possible)