B.S. Medical Imaging Requirements
Program Application Requirements
- 3 letters of reference
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Official transcripts from all higher education institutions
- Personal statement letter
- Copies of TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable
- $35.00 application fee (non-refundable)
Program Admission Requirements
- Associates degree in a science related field with at least 60 100-200 level credits. 30 credits must be general education credits with at least one humanities course, science course, social science course, and mathematics course. 30 credits must be technical/occupational credits in the Radiologic Science/Radiologic Technology disciplines.
- Applicants who may not meet this requirement may be conditionally accepted into the program and enroll in technical or general education courses that would meet the admissions requirements through JPU.
- A GPA of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) for the last degree earned. A 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) is preferred.
- If applicant’s first language, or language of instruction, is not English, English proficiency examination scores are required. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum scores are 550 (pBT) or 213 (cBT) or 79 (iBT). The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum score required is 6.5. The PTE Academic minimum score required is 53.
- Interview with JPU representative
- Personal statement
- Three Letters of Reference
Additional Requirement for the Computed Tomography Specialization
For the Computed Tomography (CT) specialization, students are eligible to take the certification exam through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) upon program completion using the postprimary pathway only. This means that students must be registered with the ARRT in one of the following credentials in order to be eligible: Radiography (R), Radiation Therapy (T), or Nuclear Medicine (N). Requirements are also met if the student is a registered Nuclear Medicine Technologist through the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB).
Program Prerequisites (all specializations)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- Oral communication course
- Written communication course
Program Prerequisites (Nuclear Medicine specialization)
- General Physics I