Nutrigenomics Graduate Certificate
This is a distance education program that focuses on the scientific study of whole genome sequences and patterns of gene expression. Includes instruction in molecular and cellular biology, genetics, protein technologies, genomic sciences and techniques, bioinformatics, and scientific and research ethics.
Duration: 2 semesters
Tuition: $515 per credit
|SCI602||Genomic Screening||2 Credits|
|SCI600||Nanoscience and Nanotechnology||2 Credits|
|NUT503||Diet, Genes, and Nutrition||3 Credits|
|NUT502||Nutrition Assessment||3 Credits|
|GASTP503||Nutrigenomics and Proteomics||3 Credits|
|GASTP505||Food & The Senses||3 Credits|
|NUT590||Medical and Professional Ethics||1 Credit|
Plan of Study
|Nanoscience and Nanotechnology||2 Credits|
|Nutrigenomics and Proteomics||3 Credits|
|Nutrition Assessment||3 Credits|
|Medical and Professional Ethics||1 Credit|
|Genomic Screening||2 Credits|
|Food & The Senses||3 Credits|
|Diet, Genes, & Nutrition||3 Credits|
Program Application Requirements
- 3 letters of reference
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Official transcripts from all higher education institutions
- Personal statement letter
- Copies of TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable
- $35.00 application fee (non-refundable)
Program Admission Requirements
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate degree from a regional, national or international equivalency accredited agency recognized by the United States Department of Education in a related field.
- A GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) for the last degree earned.
- If applicant’s first language, or language of instruction, is not English, English proficiency examination scores are required. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum scores are 550 (pBT) or 213 (cBT) or 79 (iBT). The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum score required is 6.5. The PTE Academic minimum score required is 53.
- Active/Current Medical and/or License/Certification recommended.
- Interview with JPU representative
- Personal statement
- Three Letters of Reference