Nutrigenomics Graduate Certificate
The Nutrigenomics Graduate Certificate within the School of Integrative and Functional Medicine is a distance education program that focuses on the scientific study of whole genome sequences and patterns of gene expression. The Nutrigenomics Graduate Certificate includes instruction in molecular and cellular biology, genetics, protein technologies, genomic sciences and techniques, bioinformatics, and scientific and research ethics. To request more information about a Graduate Certificate in Nutrigenomics, click here.
Duration: 2 semesters
Tuition: $515 per credit
|SCI602||Genomic Screening||2 Credits|
|SCI600||Nanoscience and Nanotechnology||2 Credits|
|NUT503||Diet, Genes, and Nutrition||3 Credits|
|NUT502||Nutrition Assessment||3 Credits|
|GASTP503||Nutrigenomics and Proteomics||3 Credits|
|GASTP505||Food & The Senses||3 Credits|
|NUT590||Medical and Professional Ethics||1 Credit|
Plan of Study
|Nanoscience and Nanotechnology||2 Credits|
|Nutrigenomics and Proteomics||3 Credits|
|Nutrition Assessment||3 Credits|
|Medical and Professional Ethics||1 Credit|
|Genomic Screening||2 Credits|
|Food & The Senses||3 Credits|
|Diet, Genes, & Nutrition||3 Credits|
Nutrigenomics Graduate Certificate Program / School of Integrative and Functional Medicine Application Requirements:
- 3 letters of reference
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Official transcripts from all higher education institutions
- Personal statement letter
- Copies of TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable
- Application, $35.00 application fee (non-refundable) click here to apply
Nutrigenomics Graduate Certificate Program Admission Requirements:
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate degree from a regional, national or international equivalency accredited agency recognized by the United States Department of Education in a related field.
- A GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) for the last degree earned.
- If applicant’s first language, or language of instruction, is not English, English proficiency examination scores are required.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum scores are 550 (pBT) or 213 (cBT) or 79 (iBT).
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum score required is 6.5.
- The PTE Academic minimum score required is 53.
- Active/Current Medical and/or License/Certification recommended for the nutrigenomics graduate certificate.
- Interview with JPU representative