Magnetic Resonance Imaging Certificate
The Magnetic Resonance Imaging Certificate (MRI) through the School of Medical Imaging Sciences is a distance education program with a clinical internship component consisting of 240 hours. The Magnetic Resonance Imaging Certificate (MRI) prepares students to practice competently and effectively as medical imaging professionals in diverse healthcare environments. The academic and clinical foundation in the curriculum develops graduates with professional flexibility and adaptability to assume prominent roles and responsibilities after graduation in both career and scholarly pursuits. Click here to request program information.
The fulfillment of our mission and goals through an integrated curriculum ensures students attain the following learning outcomes:
- Obtain a level of clinical competence appropriate for an entry-level medical imaging professional.
- Possess critical thinking skills to adapt to changing clinical environments and patient needs.
- Exhibit professionalism through consistent ethical behavior.
- Demonstrate communication skills for effective communication with patients, families, and other healthcare providers.
Upon completion of the core and required specialization courses, the following credential will be awarded: Magnetic Resonance Imaging Certificate
Duration: 2 semesters
|MR400||Orientation to MRI||1 Credit|
|MR406||MRI Procedures||4 Credits|
|MR408||MRI Instrumentation, Imaging Physics, and Safety||4 Credits|
|MR412||MRI Anatomy and Pathology Correlation||3 Credits|
|MR414||Pulse Sequences, Image Formation, and Contrast||3 Credits|
|MR421||Clinical Practice||5 Credits|
Plan of Study
|Orientation to MRI||1 Credit|
|MRI Instrumentation, Imaging Physics, and Safety||4 Credits|
|MRI Procedures||4 Credits|
|MRI Anatomy and Pathology Correlation||3 Credits|
|Pulse Sequences, Image Formation, and Contrast||3 Credits|
|Clinical Practice||5 Credits|
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Certificate (MRI) Program Application Requirements:
- 3 letters of reference
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended
- Personal statement letter
- Copies of TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable
- Application, $35.00 application fee (non-refundable) click here to apply
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Certificate (MRI) Program Admission Requirements:
- Must possess one of the following
- Holds a credential from The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Radiography or Radiation Therapy
- Holds a credential from Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB)
- If applicant’s first language, or language of instruction, is not English, English proficiency examination scores are required.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum scores are 550 (pBT) or 213 (cBT) or 79 (iBT).
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum score required is 6.5.
- The PTE Academic minimum score required is 53.
- Interview with JPU representative